Our Brynne Smith Memorial Campus is closed for walk-in visitors until further notice. However, beginning May 6th we will be conducting adoptions by appointment.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please read the following information BEFORE visiting our scheduling calendar.
1.Cat adoption appointments are available every Wednesday and Friday. Dog adoption appointments are available Thursday, Saturday and Sunday of each week. Please be on time for your appointment! PLEASE NOTE! WE ONLY POST APPOINTMENTS ONE WEEK AT A TIME. IF YOU LOOK AT THE CALENDAR AND THERE ARE NO DATES FOR THE CURRENT WEEK, IT MEANS THEY ARE ALL FULL! PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN BECAUSE PEOPLE DO CANCEL AND TIMES MAY OPEN. NEW DATES ARE ADDED EACH MONDAY MORNING.
2. Please list the names of up to two (2) dogs or up to two (2) cats that you would like to meet during your appointment. List only two dogs or two cats — we cannot accommodate requests for a mix of one dog and one cat.
3. You will be able to visit with dogs and cats that are currently available for adoption. If a specific animal is not listed on the adoption page of our website, he/she may have been adopted or is not yet ready for adoption.
4. Animals that have a * after their name have special requirements (ex: prefers men; chronic medical condition; dog introduction required; no children, etc). Please read the pet’s bio carefully. You may receive a follow up email from our staff to review further details about the pet.
5. We cannot “hold” animals and cannot guarantee that the pet(s) you wish to meet will be available at the time of your appointment. We encourage you to visit our website prior to your visit to see if your preferred pet is still available.
6. Highly adoptable animals that may generate a lot of interest could require a lottery-style drawing for their adopter. These drawings will be held on Friday mornings at 9 a.m. and the winner will be asked to come for a meet and greet and complete paperwork on the next day (Saturday) between 1-3pm. Lottery animals will be noted with “Drawing” after their name on our website. There will be further information about the process in the pet’s bio. PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS IN THE PET’S BIO FOR HOW TO ENTER THE DRAWING!
7. We are limiting the number of visitors for each adoption appointment. Please only bring members of your household to the appointment. Everyone is urged to wear face coverings. Our team is following CDC guidelines and cleaning protocols to ensure our shelter is disinfected after each adoption appointment.
8. Appointment space is limited! New appointment dates and times will be added every Monday until further notice.